School children can get a taste of local government in a two-hour educational tour of Lake Macquarie City Council.
What the visit involves
- a visit to the Chambers
- a visit from a Council Ranger who will speak about being a responsible pet owner
- a visit from a Council Officer who will speak about the role of the Mayor and the councillors, plus a demonstration of how meetings are conducted in the Chamber
- a visit to Speers Point Library
- teachers may extend the tour with a visit to Lake Macquarie City Art Gallery.
Arrange a school tour
To arrange a school visit please complete the form below.
- tours are available on Thursdays only, starting at 9.30am
- due to space limitations, a maximum of 30 students may visit at one time.
Page last updated: 20 February 2017