Building and development process
Thinking of building or developing
You need to establish what you may build on your land, and if you need Council consent to do so. Below we outline the steps involved in the development application process.
Preliminary consultation and preparation
- Research your proposal and prepare your application documentation using our Property Enquiry.
- Use the residential development application checklist to ensure you include all the required information in your Development Application.
- Have a question? Contact our Customer Service Centre on 02 4921 0333.
- Attend a Pre-Lodgement Meeting (only medium or major applications).
Lodge your application:
- at our Customer Service Centre counter or by mail
- at a Lodgement Interview (medium or major applications)
- Lodge your application:
- Notifications and submissions
- Construction Certificate
- Development commencement
- Undertake a final inspection and issue an Occupation Certificate when construction is completed and considered compliant.
- The building should not be occupied prior to an Interim or Final Occupation Certificate being issued.
Page last updated: 23 February 2018