At Council Meetings, Councillors discuss, debate and make decisions on issues of public importance or concern.
Council meets twice a month on Mondays - see meeting dates and times.
There are two types of Council meetings:
- Standing Committee Meeting - Second Monday of the month
- Ordinary Meeting of Council - Fourth Monday of the month.
Standing Committee Meetings
Standing Committee Meetings incorporate:
- Corporate Services Committee deals with all matters relating to property, such as entering into leases, the purchase and sale of land and endorsement on a monthly basis of Council’s investment performance. Budget and polices are dealt with separately in other committees.
- Community Development Committee deals with all the matters relating to the acceptance of grants, adoption of master plans, strategies and service models for community facilities. It also considers matters relating to developer contribution plans and agreements.
- City Strategy Committee deals with all the matters relating to significant development applications or those requested by Councillors to be presented to Council, the exhibition and adoption of theLocal Environment Plans (LEPs), Development Control Plans (DCPs) and other planning instruments. It also considers issues relating to sustainability and economic development activities.
- Operations Committee it deals with all the matters pertaining to the operational functions of Council, such as waste, animal, roads and waste related issues as well as special projects.
Ordinary Meeting of Council
At the Ordinary Meeting of Council, Councillors endorse or amend the recommendations from the Standing Committee Meeting held two weeks prior.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas for Council Meetings are available Tuesday before each meeting.
The minutes (and determinations) taken at Standing Committee Meetings are included in the agenda for the Ordinary Meeting each month.
Agendas and minutes are available online.
Public access to Council Meetings
Anyone can attend these meetings, which are held in the Council Chambers, Administration Building, 126-138 Main Road, Speers Point.
Members of the community can arrange to make a short presentation to the Councillors at Ordinary Meetings of Council. Learn how to address Council at a meeting.
You can also see Council meeting decisions by following @lakemac on Twitter or #LMCCmeetings.
Meeting dates and times
View Council meeting dates and times
Meeting agendas and minutes
View agendas and minutes from previous Council meetings
Address Council at a meeting
Apply online to address Council at a meeting
Page last updated: 18 July 2016