Vision and values
Lake Macquarie is a city with a lake at its heart encircled by distinctive towns and villages. We balance our cherished environments with our need for great spaces to live and visit, smart transport options and a thriving economy; which adapt and strive to be fair for all.
- We value our unique landscape: a place where the natural environment (bushland, coast, lake and mountains) is protected and enhanced; where our existing urban centres are the focus of our growth, maintaining their unique characteristics.
- We value lifestyle and wellbeing: a place that encourages safe, active and social opportunities.
- We value mobility and accessibility: effective transport systems that provide choices to conveniently move people, goods and services.
- We value a diverse economy: which is resilient and adaptable to change, making the best use of the unique advantages of our location and lifestyle.
- We value connected communities: that support and care for all and provide a sense of belonging.
- We value creativity: working together with creative process and outcomes that bring together history, culture, knowledge and expertise that supports new technologies and ways of thinking.
- We value shared decision-making: Lake Macquarie communities continue shared responsibility for governance
Help us turn these values into long-term goals and actions for our City.
- Leadership: Considering how today's decisions will impact on tomorrow and setting an example through our actions.
- Excellence: Our reputation comes from efficiency delivering quality services and outcomes. We support each other to achieve our best.
- Innovation: Creating an environment where fresh ideas and new ways of doing things are encouraged and supported.
- Professionalism: Taking ownership of our decisions whether popular or not. Our integrity is evident in our transparent and accountable processes.
- Relationships: Building collaborative partnerships through mutual understanding and respect, honest and inclusive communication, and integrity of action.
- Community: Bring people together to support each other, inspire change, and achieve our common goals.
- Balance: Recognising the changing needs of our community and being committed to providing opportunities to create a balanced lifestyle and sustainable environment for all.
Page last updated: 01 February 2017