People with disability
Disability Action Plan
The Disability Action Plan 2014 – 2017 outlines Council's strategies and work program to improve access to services and facilities for people with a disability.
- The provision of accessible toilet facilities, ramps, pathways and disability parking at a number of community and recreational facilities.
- Participation in the NSW Companion Card program, which promotes the rights of people with disability who require a companion to fair ticketing at events and venues.
- Monitoring existing services such as the assisted waste collection service, the home library service and provisions for disability parking.
Read the Disability Action Plan.
For any further information, please contact our Customer Service Centre on 02 4921 0333.
Ageing and Disability Panel
To ensure equity of access to services and facilities for all residents of our City, the Panel was established in 2010.
It provides Council with advice on the broad range of issues that affect seniors, people with a disability and carers, also providing information back into the community on Council services and plans.
Issues discussed include access to services and facilities, pedestrian infrastructure, transport, health, housing, support services and activities.
The panel consists of elected members from:
- local service providers (ageing and disability)
- community members from the target groups - older adults, people with a disability and their carers.
- council representatives – from Councillors to specialist staff.
For more details, read the Ageing and Disability Panel Terms of Reference.
To learn more about the Panel and see if you can become a member and for membership details, please contact our Community Planner Ageing and Disabilities on 02 4921 0333.
Activities and services
Improving quality of life for people with disability
View accessible facilities in Lake Macquarie
Page last updated: 26 November 2015