Speers Point Park upgrade
Speers Point Park, home to the popular Lake Macquarie Variety Playground, is undergoing an upgrade in 2017.
The works will include:
- construction of a main promenade;
- installation of promenade lighting and power;
- new shelters;
- construction of a fenced dog park across from Walters Park featuring agility exercise equipment
- realignment of the shared pathway; and
- irrigation and water works.
During construction, majority of the park will remain open to the public with select areas closed off while works are taking place. Park bookings for events will be closed during this time.
A large section near the Heriatge Shed will be closed from Wednesday 26 April.
- The off-leash area will also remain open, however sections will be closed throughout the project. There is an alternate off-leash area close by at Booragul Foreshore.
The works are part of the Speers Point Park Master Plan, adopted by the elected Council in 2008.
Page last updated: 20 April 2017