Australia Day Awards
Lake Macquarie Australia Day Awards
It is important to reward the people who carry out extraordinary, selfless work for the benefit of the community because it not only acknowledges their efforts, it sets a positive example for others to do the same.
The Lake Macquarie Australia Day Awards recognise outstanding individuals, groups and events that have significantly contributed to community life in our City.
The Awards are open to individuals and groups based in Lake Macquarie City, although their contributions may benefit the wider region.
Winners are announced at a special awards ceremony held in January in the Council Chambers. All eligible nominees are recognised at the ceremony.
How to make a nomination
Nominations will open from 1 September 2017
- Read the eligibility criteria of your chosen category.
- Fill out the online form, save it, and return it via email to email@example.com, or
- Download and print the form and return it to:
The Communications Team Box 1906, HRMC NSW 2310
Nominate in one of the following categories
Citizen of the Year
Young Citizen of the Year (21 to 12 years)
Community Contribution to Lake Macquarie
Tip! Before you start, read this example nomination submission for ideas on how to write your responses.
Read about the 2017 Australia Day Awards winners
- Nominations will be considered by the Australia Day Awards Committee.
- At least one independent scrutineer will oversee the judging.
- The committee may determine that no nominee is suitable for an award in a category.
- The committee reserves the right to transfer nominees to other categories based on appropriateness.
- The decision of the Australia Day Awards Committee will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The judging of candidates will be based on the information provided about the Award category, and a brief interview of short-listed candidates.
27 October 2017
13-24 November 2017
Invitations to Awards night issued
by 15 December 2017
22 January 2018
Please contact the Special Projects Officer, Communications and Customer Service on 02 4921 0333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last updated: 07 September 2017